Thursday, September 16, 2021

James 1:2-18

 Today I am struggling. I am struggling with the weight of responsibility of being a deacon. Struggling with keeping focused on Gods goodness, God greatness and His plan for our church. Struggling to keep my head up and focused on Him rather then the tasks at hand or the obstacles that need to be overcome.

This is a trial, a time of uncomfortable stretching and growing my faith. 

The temptations are growing. They are heavy. My heart is looking for reasons to stop, whispers of "just stop, no one will blame you", "You don't need to do anything, just stop", "this isn't what you signed up for and this isn't your job".

But my mind knows the truth, this is a time of trial and temptation. I need to keep at this, keep the focus on God and God alone. Keep my head up and rise to what He is calling me to do. I need to grab a hold of his promises and not let go. No matter the trial, no matter the temptations, I need to fight and keep fight.

Please pray for me friends. That I focus on Him and not the tasks at hand. That I'll keep fighting the good fight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear God,
I pray for Yangersworld. I pray You guide him in his role of being a deacon. God, being a deacon is a tough second job and sometimes it is hard to focus on all the goodness that You are and provide through all the noise. I pray that You give him the strength to believe in himself to be able to do the works you called him to do. God I also pray that You give him rest so he can have a still heart, hear you, and focus on You.
In your name,
AMEN

Havok said...

God,

It is incredibly difficult to serve as a deacon. However, we know that if called, You can strengthen anyone to complete whatever tasks needs to be done in Your name. God you've placed Yangersworld in this incredible opportunity to serve You and to make a difference in Your church. Give Yangersworld the wisdom and zeal to serve You and to make an impact in advancing Your kingdom as he walks in Your will.

May Yangersworld serve you diligently and find energy to be the father, husband, friend, and employee that you've called him to be. May he continue to find favour in You and with those around him so he can continue to have a positive impact on others as he shines the love of Christ upon those who comes into contact with.

God you are so good and we are thankful for Yangersworld and the things you will do through him as he serves You.

Amen.